This is one of the only original films that has come out so far in 2016, most just being sequels, reboots, or adaptations of books or games. Starring Ryan Gosling (Drive, The Big Short), Kim Basinger (Batman, L.A. Confidential), and Russel Crowe (The Water Deviner, Gladiator) and directed by Shane Black (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Lethal Weapon), this puts and unlikely pair of actors together to create a brilliant comedy duo. Though the plot is just ridiculous every scene is packed with laughs and little details to pay attention to. I loved this movie and is probably my favourite of the year.
When a famous porn star dies and everyone involved with her most recent production is being killed detective Holland March (Gosling) and muscle-for-hire Jackson Healy (Crowe) are hired to save the head of the DoJ’s daughter from the killers.
When Holland calls out for 911, this number was not used at the time the film is set.
A scene from ‘Get Smart’ is shown on a TV, this show was cancelled 7 years before the film is set.
A poster for “London Calling” can be seen in the film, The film is set in 1977 and this album was released in 1979.
Artistic Impression: 🌟🌟🌟🌟⭐️
1) In the elevator scene, the same music plays in the background as in the elevator scene in The Blues Brothers (1980).
2) Shane Black starred as Hawkins in the original Predator and will be directing The Predator (2018).
3) The red Mustang with white convertible top is a 1967 with a 289 and factory a/c.
4) A scene towards the end of the film takes place at Christmas time which is a trademark of director Shane Black’s work.
5) Jack Kilmer (Chet) is the son of Val Kilmer. Shane Black directed Val in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005).