This prequel to the original trilogy lives up to the legend and ties up smoothly so that there are no continuity problems or take-backs on the cannon. Starring Felicity Jones (A Monster Calls, Theory of Everything), Forest Whitaker (The Last King of Scotland, Platoon), Diego Luna (Milk, The Terminal), and Mads Mikkelson (Casino Royale, Doctor Strange), ‘Rogue One’ brings a whole new set of characters to life but still has the brilliantly nostalgic feel of the Star Wars we know and love, even some completely CGI characters are pretty smoothly done. It even has cameos from fan-favorites like C-3PO and R2D2. I absolutely loved this film and would recommend it to anyone who has seen Star Wars or is interested in sci-fi (but watch the original trilogy first).
When the daughter of the designer of the Death Star is recruited by the rebel alliance to leak the Death Star plans, she must go to any lengths to complete her mission and help take down the Empire.
In several of the trailers, there is a scene where two X-wing pilots are walking past two large hangars. In the background is a modern piece of construction equipment clearly bearing the logo of JCB. (It’s possible this was cleaned up in post-production because I did not spot it in the full film)
Artistic Impression: 🌟🌟🌟🌟⭐️
1) Rogue One is the first theatrical, live action Star Wars film to not be scored by John Williams. It was instead scored by Michael Giacchino, who has scored every J. J. Abrams film other than ‘The Force Awakens’
2) Alan Tudyk (Serenity, Zootopia) plays a droid character named K-2SO, through motion capture technology. Tudyk also previously played the robot character Sonny in ‘I, Robot’.
3) At least two of the astromechs seen in the background on the Resistance base on D’Qar in Star Wars: The Force Awakens can also be spotted rolling around the Rebel base on Yavin IV in Rogue One, namely R4-M9 and R5-X3.
4) This is the 3rd film in the franchise to be shot digitally, and the first one since Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
5) Saw Guerrera’s line ‘What will you become?’ that was used in the trailer was improvised by Forest Whitaker but is never actually said in the film.
Please check out my list of ‘Top 5 Fan Theories You Need to Know Before Watching Rogue One‘ or my ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Trailer Breakdown‘